OUR PROGRAM POLICIES
If you choose to use Beachfront.io Platform, including Beachfront.io Marketplace, you are required to adhere to the following policies, when applicable. If you fail to comply, we reserve the right to disable your account as indicated in the Terms of Service. Please note that we may change our policies at any time, and pursuant to our Terms and Conditions, it is your responsibility to keep up to date with and adhere to the policies posted here.
USE OF THE SERVICE
You must use Beachfront.io only for serving advertisements and promotions to mobile applications and websites. You may not use Beachfront.io to serve other content.You may not serve advertisements that interfere with the correct operation of the user’s mobile device.
You must provide the following information with every ad request:
- Unique Device Identifier (UDID), Advertising Identifier (IDFA) or other Device ID (ANDROID_ID)
- Ad Unit ID, mapped to the correct application that is in use by the end user
For conversion tracking to work properly, you must also notify Beachfront.io when an app is opened by the user.
Beachfront.io may not be used to display ads on apps or sites with the following types of content:
- Violence Advocacy against any protected group (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, disability, sex, religion, color, national origin, or veteran status)
- Pornography, pedophilia, incest, bestiality or child pornography
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Online casinos and gambling
- Hacking/cracking content
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g., firearms, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales of hard alcohol
- Sales tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods
- Sales or distribution of term papers or student essays
- Content protected by copyright law unless a publisher has the necessary legal rights to display that content
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
- Content that violates the policies of the operating platform (e.g. Android or iOS content policies).
THIRD PARTY TERMS
You must comply with any applicable third party terms, policies, guidelines, etc. that apply to your ads, apps, sites, distribution, data handling and business practices.
You may not use Beachfront.io to serve ads that promote or depict:
- Illegal content or activity
- Advocacy against any protected group (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, disability, sex, religion, color, national origin, or veteran status)
- Offensive content or activity
- Infringe upon the intellectual property of another
- Are deceptive, resemble user interface elements (e.g. text boxes) or feature excessive animation, shaking or smileys
- Include applications such as viruses, spyware, and malware
- Conflict with or breach platform policies around privacy and content restrictions, specifically but not limited to restricting use of Advertising Identifier (IDFA) on iOS to the following purposes if the user has enabled the Limit Advertising setting: frequency capping, conversion events, estimating the number of unique users, security and fraud detection, and debugging.
MARKETPLACE CREATIVE RESTRICTIONS
Beachfront.io enforces the following quality standards for all ads served on Marketplace.
I. Creative Attributes Requirements
The following creative attributes can be blocked by publishers:
- 9 (Provocative or Suggestive Imagery)
- 10 (Extreme Shakiness, Flashiness, or Animation)
- 14 (Alert Style)
This value is passed in the “battr” field in each bid request. Do not send creatives that fall into these categories if they are blocked.
At this time, auto-play video and auto-expanding rich media creatives are prohibited.
Beachfront.io supports OpenRTB v.2 category blocking. We require each of our DSP partners to categorize ads correctly based on this version of the spec. Your bids must comply with IAB category restrictions as provided in the bid request.
We use the IAB9-30 category (“Video & Computer Games”) to indicate that a publisher wishes to block game ads. Do not bid with gaming ads if this category is blocked.
We use the IAB19-2 category (“Animation”) to indicate that a publisher wishes to block creatives which animate (shake, rotate or flash). Do not bid with animating ads if this category is blocked.
III. Dating Ads
All dating ads must comply with the creative attribute guidance provided in Section I if the images used are provocative or suggestive. Pornographic creatives are never allowed.
IV. Deceptive Ads
Ads that replicate the user interface of Android or iOS system notifications are prohibited. Ads that have messaging that matches system notifications (e.g. “New Message” or “Missed Call”) are prohibited.
Creatives that use IFRAME tags are prohibited.
VI. Advertiser Domain and Image URL Accuracy
The “adomain” and “iurl” parameters must correctly match the ad’s ultimate click destination domain and user displayed image, respectively.
I. Pricing Confidentiality
All pricing information is confidential and may not be shared with any other party besides Beachfront.io, except as expressly directed. Beachfront.io reserves the right to terminate both the Private Marketplace and Marketplace if there is a breach of this confidentiality.
Updated: April 30, 2013